[rescue] Cool Sgi, with link this time

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Mar 4 12:01:48 CST 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 09:34:17AM -0700, dave venable wrote:
> As I read the description this machine appears to support peecee keyboard
> and mouse, as well as vga. I have a Sony GDM 20E01 BNC monitor. Am I
> correct? Is this a good machine to play with and learn Irix? I am going to
> sell my LX and SS10 to get this.

That is a nice machine, but who knows what it will end up going for.
Certainly more than $99.  Up to $300 seems fair. Maybe a bit higher depending
on how much risk you are willing to take. For a little risk you can often
get Max Impacts for not much more than $300, but that is probably without
OS (not a major problem since SGI doesn't mind you using a burned copy of the
OS that machine was sold with, and if you call them they will tell you what
version it was sold with), and probably is as-is.  If those sorts of things
are unacceptable, then a bit more than $300 for a solid impact is fair.

--
Joshua D. Boyd