[rescue] Mac stuff rescue

Steve Sandau ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Mon Mar 4 10:18:50 CST 2002

> > I have been looking for an AppleTalk <-> Ethernet bridge (cheap/free, see my
> > "cheap" post in geeks), so I can connect my 4 Mac SE, SE/30's to the rest of
> > the world. I actually like AppleTalk.
>
> By a cheap nubus mac, throw an ethernet card in it, and run netbsd?

I was wondering if NetBSD supported AppleTalk. Do I take your suggestion
to mean that is does? I installed NetBSD on a Centris 610 (only has a
68LC040 chip so it dumps core a lot) but could put it on an LC2 (with an
FPU) to make a gateway, too...

Also, not to start a great debate here, but I have FreeBSD, NetBSD and
OpenBSD available to me. I have installed FreeBSD and NetBSD and prefer
NetBSD (smaller, simpler install). Should I look at OpenBSD as
well/instead? OpenBSD is, as I recall, the particularly
secure-out-of-the-box one. Any other good points?

--
Steve Sandau
IS Technician, TMA Bath, Maine
ssandau at bath.tmac.com