[rescue] Anyone know what this is?

Gregory Leblanc gleblanc at linuxweasel.com
Mon Mar 4 01:10:26 CST 2002

On Sun, 2002-03-03 at 18:46, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 03, 2002 at 09:36:03PM -0500, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> > Not sure what it is worth, but it looks like it takes mini-50
> > connector, which is good.
>
> Does that mean that it is incapable of delivering more than 20megs per second?
>
> mini-50 means scsi2 or fast scsi2, right?

Don't trust connectors to tell you anything about bus speeds.  Even if
there aren't specs for some of these things, that doesn't stop people
from using them.  Those 50-pin connectors, like on the SS2/SS20 and the
like can certainly do 5MB/sec up through, hmm, probably 40MB/sec, if I'm
doing the math right.  Though I don't think I've seen any that actually
use that connector, most folks have gone to the wide bus instead of
ramping speeds/voltages like that.
	Greg

P.S.  If you get bored and want to bounce SCSI questions off of
somebody, I used to understand how most of it worked.  :-)

--
Portland, Oregon, USA.