[rescue] StorageWorks cabinet rescue

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Mon Mar 4 00:07:09 CST 2002

Eric Dittman wrote:

> You can use RAID5 without good batteries with the
> cache installed, but you have to make sure you have
> a UPS, and a way to flush the cache before the UPS
> runs out.

Either set the cache-flush parameter to a very low setting (which makes
writeback-cache somewhat less useful), disable writeback-cache
completely, or simple run it die-hard without UPS power if you don't
have one. :-)

> > Thanks, please do. How large does the later firmware allow?
>
> 9G.  There's a later one that I think allows 18G, but I
> don't have a copy at this time.

We have a couple of HSZ40/SWXRA-04 running on maintenance contract. The
latest (and the last) firmware for these controllers are HSOF 3.7Z. They
support 18GB (and I THINK) 36GB drives in wide-capable boxes.

--
Vdnliga hdlsningar/Best Regards
Bjvrn Ramqvist, Hdgglunds Vehicle AB