[rescue] those who should be shot

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Mar 2 12:18:05 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 11:22:57AM -0600, Mike Hebel wrote:
> I could only find the "sri" part of Sridhar although one site:
> (http://www.yourbabysname.com/names_s.htm) says that Sridhar = Vishnu.
> SRI (f) "light, beauty" (Sanskrit). This is another name of the Hindu
> goddess Lakshmi.
> The "dhar" part is a Sankrit root meaning "upheld"
> Sri-dhar == "beauty upheld"?
> Did I get that one right or am I totally off-base?

Hrm.

WILLIAM (m) "will helmet" from the Germanic elements wil "will, desire" and helm "helmet, protection". The name was introduced to Britain by the Normans. It has belonged to several rulers of England, Prussia, and Germany, including William the Conqueror who was the first Norman king of England. Another famous bearer was William Tell, a legendary 14th-century hero from Switzerland. In the literary world it has been borne by dramatist William Shakespeare and poet William Blake, as well as contemporary authors William Faulkner and William S. Burroughs.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net