[rescue] My first functional VAX

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Mar 2 10:53:59 CST 2002

On Sat, Mar 02, 2002 at 10:53:19AM -0600, Eric Dittman wrote:

> > a) you don't have the same discombobulated setup that i do.  :)
>
> Did you do a new install, or is this a leftover installation?

fresh install.  with comment from veteran VMS admin about how DSSI based
clusters aren't exactly the place for a beginner to start. :)

> > b) teach me!
> Gladly.  What do you want to know?

how do i work on vms without losing my frikkin mind?  i don't know, maybe a
nice overview description of the boot process and how clusters figure into
that.  oh, and a nice detailed description of the voting system so i know
who should get votes and how many votes each node should get.

other than that, i need to get the machines back online before i remember what
else i needed help with.

-brian
--
"Oh, shut up Buddha."  -Jesus Christ (South Park)