[rescue] those who should be shot

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Mar 1 12:43:16 CST 2002

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 11:07:16AM -0500, Brent B. Powers wrote:

>     David> On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 09:51:11PM -0500, Brent B. Powers
>     David> wrote:
>     >> This schmuck, on the other hand, reminds me of those cretins
>     >> who put Chevy short blocks (not a bad engine, mind you) inside
>     >> of a Jag E-Type. Death is truly too good for such as these...
>
>     David> You're right.  The E-type is a horrible horrible car and
>     David> should never be wrapped around a decent engine which could
>     David> be used elsewhere.
>
> Uh-huh. Thart a troll, and should go back to driving your Hillman Avenger.

I thought it was a funny intentional mis-interpretation of the original
posting.  Kinda like a PC user saying that a beautiful Tyan Mobo should be put
in a POS SGI case.  Of course, a red neck should prefer the superior bone
grinding torq that an SGI puts out (metaphorically speaking of course) compared
to the riced out high RPM (err Mhz) Intel machines (and AMDs also).

I kinda like that analogy.  An SGI is somewhere between a big block chrysler
muscle car and a Mack truck, and a PC is a Sentra with a heavily modified
stock 4-banger engine, fancy air filters and exhaust, suspesion, etc.  Maybe
higher end PCs are like... Like an old Lotus?  That just doesn't sound right
though...  Oh, I picked lotus because they used to be 4 cyl engineers in the
espirit.

--
Joshua D. Boyd