[rescue] Re: Re: Solaris 9 CDs

Robert Novak rnovak at indyramp.com
Sat Jun 29 18:27:35 CDT 2002

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Torquil MacCorkle, III wrote:

> on 6/29/02 6:28 PM, Robert Novak at rnovak at indyramp.com wrote:
>
> > The software is not different--I use the same OS media kit to install to a
> > SS20 as to an E4500. It's a licensing matter.
>
> So I can run it on a dual processor system without anything special, it'd
> just be unethical?

Well, I'm not an ethics expert. It would be an unlicensed copy.

I believe the new writing of the license also resumes Sun's
non-transferable stance on licenses, so unless you buy your machine new
from Sun or a Sun VAR, you don't have an implicit license. Single-cpu
licenses are free if you register on Sun's website though.

--Rob