[rescue] Re: Solaris 9 CDs

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Sat Jun 29 18:14:30 CDT 2002

>on 6/29/02 6:28 PM, Robert Novak at rnovak at indyramp.com wrote:
>
>>  The software is not different--I use the same OS media kit to install to a
>>  SS20 as to an E4500. It's a licensing matter. This is how it used to be
>>  before the free licensing of Solaris 7-8. Sun will probably[1] not hunt
>>  you down if you run the free downloaded images on your 14-cpu E4500 at
>>  home, but it's your decision.
>
>So I can run it on a dual processor system without anything special, it'd
>just be unethical?

It depends on your ethics but it would be, strictly speaking, in
violatiom of the license.

daniel
"Yay aytch lich ... trurtreen oven prerkrershetch... naw lich luleven
... naw wush thrurteen..."
--"Thirteen fucking percosets?!?! Dude the most I ever ate was like
six. Holy shit."
"Aywhirr schmall."
--"What, like 5's?"
"Mm mm mm... mebee..."