[rescue] Free VAX 11/750 (Colorado)

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Sat Jun 29 16:52:48 CDT 2002

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On June 29, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:
> > Can't say I do... I assume he's a CSHer? Or just RIT?  RIT is
> > a pretty damn big campus...

>   He was there many years ago.  He should be about 38 or 39 now; I
> don't know if he'd have been there when you were.

A bit before my time, I was there 90-91 and 93-95 (Yes, there
IS a gap there =] )

>   Purging from storage closets doesn't mean trashing good (and
> historically important) hardware.  *grumble*

Yeah.  I was pissed.  They were at least smart enough to keep
the LASER PDP-11 replacement board that our founder designed.
And they did keep one of the Kodak KIMS workstations that
allowed to up the ante from first dorm floor with ethernet in
every room to first dorm with a UNIX workstation in every room
(that wanted one, anyway).

--Kurt