[rescue] MacOSX SDK as tarball

Big Endian bigendian at mac.com
Sat Jun 29 16:07:26 CDT 2002

>I'm now left with a 6MB `CarbonLib_1.0.4_SDK.smi' file (that is 25% smaller
>than the original...), the next question is how open one of these without
>MacOSX to hand?

.hqx is equivalent to .uue.  Its a binary-> 7bit ascii encoder to
make sure that you can send files w/o binary mode transfers.

>I've tried cpio, gzip and friends to open the `.smi', if one knows the
>tools, (or could open, and re-tar the above file), I would be mucho-
appreciative.

.smi is an apple HFS(+) filesystem image with an executable segment
that mounts the image.  You need a mac @ this point.  let me find
that file and I'll pass you a tarball later.

daniel
"Yay aytch lich ... trurtreen oven prerkrershetch... naw lich luleven
... naw wush thrurteen..."
--"Thirteen fucking percosets?!?! Dude the most I ever ate was like
six. Holy shit."
"Aywhirr schmall."
--"What, like 5's?"
"Mm mm mm... mebee..."