[rescue] Free VAX 11/750 (Colorado)

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Fri Jun 28 18:47:01 CDT 2002

On June 28, Kris Kirby wrote:
> > Yeah, and I'm on the second floor, I'd be scared trying to get it up a
> > flight of stairs. Presumably it's got a dimension shorter that 30" (or
> > whatever the standard door width is). Is this machine 220V? Maybe I
> > can secure some space at my fathers place (he's got 220 wired). Sure
> > would be a catch (yum, real hardware).
>
> If it's rack-based, it should fit if the rack can go through. Mine is 22"
> wide outside (17.75" inside) and fit through the bedroom door of my
> appartment with 1/2" clearance on the top.

  The interior of a VAX-11/750 CPU cabinet is a 19" rack, yes, but the
cabinet is about 7" (or so) wider than that.  There'a big gap on
the left where cables and the [optional] battery backup mounts.

  It really is about the same size/shape as the average washing
machine.  And very pretty.  And very classy.  And...man I like
'750s! :-)

            -Dave