[rescue] Sun PrestoServer SW

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Fri Jun 28 15:57:15 CDT 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   I used to have that software...I will dig around.  It's been a
> while, though.

>   BTW...which one?  Sbus, VME, SIMM-style...?

Sorry... details =)  It's the Sbus version.  Although I've seen
that memoryx has the SIMM-style one for pretty cheap... (checking)
$10.  (I probably would've been better off doing that =) ).

>   Heh, bullshit.  That's the Sun equivalent to the "no user serviceable
> parts inside" statement.  I'd replace them if they need replacing.

I figured it might be the case, but they also mentioned soldered
batteries... that always makes me nervous (I did it once, but I
wasn't really aware I could've exploded the battery).

Any suggestions on doing that?  Although I might be able to
just see what voltage they REALLY are and replace them with
button cell holders...  Hmmm....

--Kurt