[rescue] mail server???

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Thu Jun 27 20:38:33 CDT 2002

A friend of mine is having trouble with his mail server.  He's running a
pentium class system with Slackware 8 (I think) on it serving multiple web
pages and 4 (I think) mailing lists + several pop accounts off a DSL line.
Every so often sending mail on the pop accounts slows to a crawl (he runs
qmail btw) and the only thing that seems to fix it is rebooting the
server.
He also has a sparc 10 laying around that needs a little tlc (memory error
I think) and my suggestion was to use this as the server or at least the
mail server end of it.  Possably running NetBSD or Linux if he really
wants to.  I am interested in your opinions on how/if this should be done
and what to use for it, etc...

--
-Linc Fessenden