[rescue] my new sig

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Thu Jun 27 13:27:56 CDT 2002

> > (plus, I got all of .. two hours sleep yesterday - they had to be able to
> > get into the attic, and the hatch to the attic is located in ... you guessed
> > it... the closet of my computer room, which was FULL of 2 years worth of
> > STUFF.)
>
> Ugh.  We're supposed to have our central AC put in soon at the house
> and I'm wondering how much of the storage room I may or may not
> have to move around...  Hopefully they can just use the paths I've
> left around all the sparcs in the rest of the basement =)

We've been having problems with our upstairs (central air, one
unit upstairs, one downstairs) AC unit not cooling properly.
A HVAC tech checked the system and it's working correctly, but
there's about a 15 degree increase in temperature between the
AC vent closest to the unit and the AC vent farthest from the
unit.  It turns out there's been some deterioration in the
seals over the winter (the seals are just that metallic tape)
and there are a lot of leaks, so I've asked him for a quote
to seal up the ductwork.

Fortunately the window AC unit in the computer room can
handle the computer heat on its own.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net