[rescue] my new sig

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jun 27 12:02:51 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 09:51:21AM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:
> > This is why Russia under the Tsars, as despotic as they were, was
> > still better than under Communism.
>
> Jeez, I dunno what this has to do with anything related to
> SUN/Computers/or what not. But clearly your knowledge of history is
> primitive at best. So what are you trying to say a brutal Christian regime
> is somehow better than a repressive atheist regime?

Well, I don't know to much about the Tsars, but Ayn Rand seemed to
think that in every way life was worse within 3 years after the
revolution and that it didn't improve in the time before she left.

In theory christians can be reasonably tolerant (for my values of
reasonable which would be called intolerant by many, but are still
such that many/most high profile christians soundly fail to meet
them), but history doesn't look good in that reguard.

--
Joshua D. Boyd