[rescue] my new sig

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Thu Jun 27 11:24:07 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 12:13:35PM -0400, s at avoidant.org wrote:

> There are various opinions as to whether writing the English word "G"
> "o" "d" is a problem or not. Although people have taken to writing
> "G-d", general consensus is that the English word is not a problem, and
> especially as regards electronic media which do not have a fixed form.

Interesting.  I never knew there was any debate about that.

> Interestingly enough, the English word has the same numeric equivalent
> (gematria) as the Name in Hebrew;
>
> G = 07
> o = 15
> d = 04
>    ----
>     26
>
> yud = 10
> heh = 05
> waw = 06
> heh = 05
>      ----
>       26
>
> Make what you will of it.

I generally don't make much of stuff like that.  In the bible (but not
in the Torah I would imagine), there is only one place where it talks
about a numerological puzzle.  Everything else doesn't really have an
deep meaning other than something along the lines of there must be an
intelligent designer/creator/operator to cause all these coincidences.

And people who say they have found a numerological solution to when
the end will be upon us are to be ignored.

--
Joshua D. Boyd