[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Chris Petersen havoc at apk.net
Wed Jun 26 09:23:20 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 08:43:59AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 06:40:13AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:
> > VT-anything, LA-anything/decwriter (I like noise and paper) and Wyse (for
> > compatibility with anything). I would also like to find a compaq portable
> > with a plasma display and use it as a ssh client or running a serial term
> > emulator.
>
> I *gotta* find a VXT1000 (DEC) to put this VRE01 on now, so I can use it as
> a serial console on my Sun boxen. 8-)
>
> Bill

I used to have a VT-1300 (think that was the model #), grayscale X-term with
built-in IP stack and full range of Digital Terminal emulations.  19"
greyscale tube with very crisp resolution, made for a gorgeous serial
console...

Actually, now that I think about it, I can't figure out why I let that thing
go to somebody (or who I let it go to...).  I do have a VXT2000+ here, but
it's just not the same...

Chris

Chris Petersen			  E-mail: havoc at apk.net
Systems Engineer, ExperTeam Services, EDS PLM Solutions