[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Wed Jun 26 01:24:32 CDT 2002

Chris Hedemark wrote:

> That's one of the reasons the Athlon really took off, IMHO, is they took
> all the great features of the Alpha platform and the best parts of x86
> and Intel is just now catching up on performance (but not on price).

I do not completely agree with you there. They never "took" the feature,
but from what I know, they've licensed the Alpha EV6 bus protocol. Now
that's far from beeing "the best features" of the Alpha-chip.
If you know any other feature than that, that they've
taken/loaned/licensed from the Alpha, please enlighten me.

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB