[rescue] my point

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Jun 25 20:18:37 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I had one of the opens-like-an-oven circular-dial-timer-settings Amana
> RadarRanges (my grandma's old microwave) in college.  It took two people to
> move it...

My parents' is the touch-pad style Amana RadarRange -- the secret is that
Amana was Ratheyon -- the quality of those earlier magnetrons was very
good. My father bought this one for $700 in 1978. My father saw fellow
airmen throw foil covered sandwidches into the one in the lounge time and
time again, and the thing took it and ran.

The plug-like door is a proper microwave 1/4 wave termination joint. 1500W
on the back panel, never checked it. I like it better than the 1200 W oven
I had in BHM. Cooks much more evenly.