[rescue] E-mail addresses [was SMP on intel wasteful]

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Tue Jun 25 15:29:59 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 14:28:50 -0400, Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com> said ...

> [snip]
>
> I have thousands.  Actually, I haven't setup thousands, it just happens
that
> the mail server sends me all mail for k-huhn.com that doesn't have a valid
user
> - so I get all kinds of shit...

Yeahbuddy.

My webhosting/mailserving guys do the same thing; anything addressed to a
non-existant account at my domain goes into the "spam@" account, and someone
has to clean it out periodically.

The frustrating thing is that a real piece of mail, mis-addressed but real,
occasionally ends up there.  So I can't just

    * there is /dev/null here

or something like that.

Someday, in my CFT, maybe I'll set up fetchmail/procmail/whatever to do
something about this.  Needless to say, if someone has a clever set-up for
this, and cares to share it, I'm all ears.  All something, anyway.

-Shel

--
Sheldon T. Hall
shel at cmhc.com