[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jun 25 15:11:18 CDT 2002

James Sharp wrote:

> > Now you're talking about what a my PC is really good for: software encoding/decoding to
> > DIVX of video on the cheap (and cheap mips is the main requirement).
> >

> Once I finally get the Linux kit for my Playstation 2, then I'll
> definitely have the cheap MIPS (yeah, I know...mips/MIPS...bad
> pun, no biscuit) necessary to play divx movies on something
> else besides my PC.

With the price of the PS2 falling like a chicken from a cessna, it'll be a very
short time before I get one of my own.  I can't wait...

I assume that the Linux kit includes a keyboard and mouse.  Yes?  I also assume
that it plays PS1 games?
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster