[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Monty Walls mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Jun 25 13:22:58 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:42:13 -0500 (CDT)
James Sharp <jsharp at psychoses.org> wrote:

> > > OSX version of DiabloII?  Is it native, or in Classic mode?  I've been
> > > waiting for a native version.  I'd be hard pressed to keep my Winblows
> > > box if DII were native on OSX...
> >
> >   Does it strike anyone as odd that most of the people we know who
> > have Windows boxes only use them for playing games?
> >

> Nope.  Its all I use mine for.  Oh, and for playing DivX encoded Stargate
> SG-1 Episodes.

Now you're talking about what a my PC is really good for: software encoding/decoding to
DIVX of video on the cheap (and cheap mips is the main requirement).

Now as an aside, most of the midrange PC motherboards are split-bus/multiple bus
designs having out grown PCI big (PCI, AGP, and seperate memory/northbridge bus).

--
-Monty Walls (mwalls at castor.oktax.state.ok.us)
-	MIS, Oklahoma Tax Commission