[rescue] Favorite Terminals

James Lockwood james at foonly.com
Tue Jun 25 11:52:29 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> I keep wishing for a nice B&W XTerm (perferably with no fans or noise
> what so ever).  But I never got around to seriously searching for
> one.  I figure such a box would be the perfect bedroom computer.

The ELC netbooting Xkernel is a <5 minute install process and fairly
flies.

Alternatively, do what a friend of mine did.  Take a SS4 motherboard and
wedge it into the back of a 19" monitor.  When vertically mounted with no
hard disk, convection cooling appears to be enough.  Big plus to this is
that you could get grayscale instead of 1-bit mono.

Tektronix and NCD also sold nice fanless X terminals.

-James