[rescue] serial port thermometer

Pablo Ruiz Garcia pruiz at ip6seguridad.com
Tue Jun 25 11:27:26 CDT 2002

Hi, I'm now involved ona project for using small LCD displays
from a Linux box.

I now some very diferent projects and software for this thing,
but i haven't seen anyone which uses various LCD's interconected
one to the next (up to 25) with the same computer. I have seen
always one LCD for RS232 port.

After some investigation, i have found that a company (Matrix Orbital)
sells some LCD displays with a I2C controller which can be used
to conect together up to 127 devices, and so i have found that with
bit bangling i can make a simpler Paralell device to I2C bus adaptor.

My question is, has anyone worked which something similar to this?
Mybe theres another aproach to this issue?
;)

Att. Pablo.
--
Pablo Ruiz Garcia (Pci)