[rescue] serial port thermometer

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Tue Jun 25 08:21:40 CDT 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

> Hi,  Anyone know of a reasonably priced (~$100.) Serial port thermometer.
> I want to keep track of the temperature of the computer room at work.
>
> PC boards would be ok if they have LINUX (no comments please) drivers.
>
> Thanks, Geoff.

Yup, check this out - it's what I use and I think it's fantastic (and
inexpensive as well!).

http://www.qkits.com/serv/qkits/diy/pages/QK145.asp

I run it on a Linux file server of mine in my office at work, then I run a
cheezy little bash script on another machine locally to generate a nice
ploticus temperature chart to keep an eye on.  Works really well.

--
-Linc Fessenden