[rescue] serial port thermometer

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Tue Jun 25 08:56:06 CDT 2002

> Hi,  Anyone know of a reasonably priced (~$100.) Serial port thermometer.
> I want to keep track of the temperature of the computer room at work.
> PC boards would be ok if they have LINUX (no comments please) drivers.

 Take a look at these things:

 http://dbserv.maxim-ic.com/quick_view2.cfm?qv_pk=2812

 Free samples and very easy to connect to serial ports. Last year, the company
I worked with was building commercial sensors based on these chips. I didn't
got to play too much with them because I was on another project, but from what
I saw these things were very cool. I think I might still have a few lying
around.

  greetings,
    Michiel