[rescue] cheapness..

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 24 22:51:45 CDT 2002

> For the record, I hate /sbin/sh.

It hates you too.

For the record, after 7+ years of Solaris admin and much
longer on Suns, I *again* managed to lock someone out of a
system last month by changing their /etc/passwd entry with
a text editor, which left their shell pointing at /bin/bash
(on a system with bash/tcsh installed in /usr/local/bin).

The amusing part was that it took > 60 minutes for two
of us to troubleshoot since we started with the most
unlikely possible causes, and we *knew* that /etc/passwd
didn't need review since neither of us were st00pid...

  --Rip