[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 24 22:58:39 CDT 2002

On June 24, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I keep wishing for a nice B&W XTerm (perferably with no fans or noise
> what so ever).  But I never got around to seriously searching for
> one.  I figure such a box would be the perfect bedroom computer.

  Sounds like the ELC is just the ticket, man.  It's trivial to turn
them into X-terminals.  There was a package called "Xkernel" many
years ago, dunno if it's still around.  We built Digex's staff network
around Sun3/50, Sun3/60, and Sun3/140 machines booting from a Sun4/380
based on that package.  They worked very, very well.

     -Dave