[rescue] Solaris 9 ... how low will it go?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 24 22:36:14 CDT 2002

On June 24, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> > > Solaris 9 is easily as fast as NetBSD on that box.
> >
> >   Uhh, what?  Are you serious, man?
>
> yes.  completely.  i still don't believe it either.

  Holy Cow.

  I have a U60 running MySQL and *lots* of Java stuff...j2se, j2ee,
etc etc...and a copy of Forte (6.1 I think), a SysKonnect 64bit/66MHz
PCI FDDI interface, and an Emulex LP8000 FC-AL controller, each with
vendor-supplied drivers.

  This is a work-critical box.  Can/should I put Solaris9 on it?  Should
my stuff continue to work?

        -Dave