[rescue] Solaris 9 ... how low will it go?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 24 21:56:27 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 06:14:36PM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:

> Groovy.  I wasn't about to sacrafice my only sun4u box to run Solaris 9
> but maybe a SS 20. :)

i just recently installed Solaris 9 on my sparc5 (70Mhz, 128MB ram, 2x2GB disks)
that was previously running NetBSD 1.5.2.  Solaris 9 is easily as fast as NetBSD
on that box.  i couldn't believe my eyes.  this is the first time that Solaris
has stood up to NetBSD speed-wise on older sparc hardware.

happy am i.

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --