[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Mon Jun 24 21:48:09 CDT 2002

On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 03:06:50PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Gah!  I though I had the studliest gen-1 Octane here - not anymore :)

not if i have anything to say about it!!!  ;)

> How's that SSI treating you?  Have you tried the 1600x1200 display
> setting yet?

the SSI is fast as hell.  i love it.  1600x1200 doesn't work unless forced
since the SSI can detect that my 20e20 can't handle it.  as daniel has pointed
out, it doesn't work so well. ;)

> I still suck at BZFag, but it's just too damn much fun.  I'll wager that
> I am the suckiest sucker that ever sucked at BZFlag - good thing I'm

i don't know, i'm pretty sucky.

> never out to prove anything.  I hope to find a couple TRAMs after I sell
> this house - if I can convince Karin that money spent on TRAMs is more
> important than money in the bank.  After that, I'll still suck at
> BZFlag, but it'll be damn pretty to look at.  And quake should run
> pretty damn well, too...

mmmmm, quake.   that's what the onyx is for. ;)

-brian
--
"I mean Twinkies are good but getting shot really hurts."
				-- http://www.thisisatastyburger.com/ --