[rescue] Favorite Terminals

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon Jun 24 21:06:38 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002 dave at cca.org wrote:

> Are you thinking of something else? The vt100 has a big clunky
> detached keyboard.

You're right, and I ought to know better.  For some reason, I got the
vt100 and my fiancee's old Heathkit terminal crossed in my mind.  Damn but
those vt100 keyboards were huge.

> >Maybe black-and-white Xterms (Sun ELCs!) would be easier... :)
>
> ELCs are keen. NCDs are keen too.

I haven't played with NCDs yet.  ELCs are just all-around nifty, though.
Netbooting *BSD would be easy enough.  I just really like a pure
black-and-white screen from time-to-time, especially for working with
text.  The 20" Trinitron on my desk is crisp, but B&W is just beautiful.

--Jonathan