[rescue] now: U1 board swaps

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Mon Jun 24 19:55:33 CDT 2002

yes, yes, yes and yes. Running out of repair parts is bad.

But then it occurred to me.. these are _exchanges_..  We are shipping back
working exchanges. And Sun is going to recertify these boards after
swapping out the fans for the the improved heatsinks.  (and like I said
anyway, I'd be _happy_ for just a heatsink... I'd be happy for a _fan_ !)

This situation isnt going to deplete Suns stock at all. And for all we
know, theyre shippping out recertified boards anyway. (or do really really
high end support packages specify new parts?)

Les Connally