[rescue] back to needing an U1 cpu fan :-( need source

Leslie Connally lesliec at theplanet.com
Mon Jun 24 16:53:41 CDT 2002

>I suppose you are right there.  I suspect then that it's that they are
>running out and they have customers paying for support who may need those
>parts.  I'd be pissed if I was paying a big support bill and when my system
>went down they said "Sorry, ran out of that one".
>
>--Kurt

But at that point, U1s, the U5s 10s are virtually worthless, so they just
upgrade (the paying support customers) to whatever is available and
current. Youre U1 dies?.. here's a U10.. its been depreciated to $0 anyway.
hell, in a couple of years, the Blade 100s will be $0..

Or, they do what I see happen in the HP/IBM/Compaq Independant Part Dealer
world.. they start buying product back from out of channel. My dealer
friends sell parts all the time back to these guys.  I mean, IBM is not
going to manufacture a production run of 10,000.. widgets to satisfy one
friggin support customer. They'll find another way.

Les