[rescue] my point

James Sharp jsharp at psychoses.org
Mon Jun 24 14:39:01 CDT 2002

> > great, does it do what your brother would want it to do? Is he tech literate,
> > could he make the transition from windows to irix etc etc.
> > The point is not about machines. it's about use of them. If the machine suits
> > him more than your Octane would then maybe it's worth it's while for him.
>
> Artists have been managing to use Irix for a long time now.  I see no
> reason why non-artists wouldn't be able to handle it either.

Cuz that "Unix stuff" is too hard fer me to use.  Mr Gates sez I need to
be usin' the newest version of Windows.

You're dealing with a group of consumers who will spend 3 weeks
researching a microwave oven in Consumer Reports, but when they decide
that they want one of them computer thingies, they call up the first
flashy computer company they see on TV.