[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 24 13:57:11 CDT 2002

On June 24, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> It's easy to try to steer the conversation towards sex appeal, but
> that's not what I'm talking about.  I admit, there isn't much sexy about
> Intel hardware (or AMD).  Mostly it's because that stuff is too easily
> obtainable.

  Untrue.  That has NOTHING to do with the lack of sex appeal Intel
hardware.  If there were a million copies of Jennifer Aniston running
around, she'd still be just as gorgeous.  The lack of sex appeal is
due to poor architecture, poor implementation, and being just plain
old.

> If they jacked the price up 10x and put a crusty old OS on it it would
> suddenly be a lot more appealing to some of the people here.

  Doubtful.  This isn't a PeeCee/Winodws list.

       -Dave