[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 13:37:10 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 14:13, Steven Hill wrote:

> Within a minute, you'll ciome in your pants looking at the crays.

Oh of that I have no doubt.  Most of the non-x86 in my house is pure
shite compared to his racks judging from the little bit I've seen.  But
you know what, a lap dancer could have the same effect on me;   but I'd
never let her handle my company's accounting.

> I have never seen a PeeCee have that effect on anyone yet.

It's easy to try to steer the conversation towards sex appeal, but
that's not what I'm talking about.  I admit, there isn't much sexy about
Intel hardware (or AMD).  Mostly it's because that stuff is too easily
obtainable.

If they jacked the price up 10x and put a crusty old OS on it it would
suddenly be a lot more appealing to some of the people here.