[rescue] cheapness..

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jun 24 13:18:20 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> I dont' really see why top-posting is bad. I prefer it, it saves me from
> havign to scroll down to read the message. Is it really that big of a deal?

Because you should be replying in-line, not all bunched up at the top.
Comments are too easily removed from context otherwise. Too confusing, and
non-sensical.

And you call yourself a UNIX guy..... (:-)

> I used Outlook up until last week, now I'm using Mozilla and it defualts
> to bottom posting and I am too lazy to hit Ctrl-home.

Netscape's people had some clue about them. Microsoft's people wanted to
reinvent the wheel and `make it better'.