[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 12:46:45 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 13:33, Dave McGuire wrote:

>   Nope, not gonna happen this time.  These days I have bigger fish to
> fry than "i just wuv my pee cee" kiddiez.
[snip]
>   This, however, doesn't change the fact that the overall x86 processor
> architecture is repulsive. ;)

OK so now you have tried to directly insult me by engaging in petty
namecalling.  You've taken a rational argument that I made and tried to
blow it off by describing the architecture as "repulsive".  And yet
you've flatly refused to back up any of your accusations with anything
of substance.

I'll forgive the childish name calling, and overlook the nebulous
statements.  Just be a grown up, and tell me plainly why I am so wrong
in saying that there is a solid business case for running *NIX on PC
hardware in many situations.  And tell me plainly why you think I am so
wrong for claiming that dollar for dollar a PC with a $2,000 budget can
trounce RISC workstations many times more expensive than that in real
world work?