[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 12:33:20 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 13:15, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Them's fightin' words.  Do you have any IDEA of the kind of hardware
> that Dave deals with on a daily basis, in his HOUSE even?

I've seen photos, and it is quite impressive.

Still, while that hardware is mighty studly, the dollar for dollar
argument still trumps the CISC vs. RISC argument in terms of overall
system performance.  The kind of people footing the bill for that exotic
hardware are increasingly turning to cheapo CISC clusters and laughing
all the way to the bank.