[rescue] SMP on intel wasteful?

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jun 24 12:25:02 CDT 2002

On June 24, Chris Hedemark wrote:
> I've always found those nebulous arguments against PeeCee hardware
> interesting.  Usually unfounded in recent fact, but interesting
> nonetheless.  When put to the test though I've found that dollar for
> dollar a PeeCee running UNIX will spank a RISC box running UNIX.

  *bzzzt*  Troll alert.
  *bzzzt*  Don't-know-what-CPAI-is alert.
  *bzzzt*  Possible remote Intel Marketing Clone alert.

  Thanks for playing.  Man, you're setting off ALL of the alarms today.

  But no, I won't get all fired up by your trolling effort.  Instead
I'll simply refer you to the list archives where this has been
discussed over and over, in which the "PeeCees are the end-all be-all
of computing!" weenies get slapped down time and time again.

  Have a nice day.

      -Dave