[rescue] cheapness..

Linc Fessenden linc at thelinuxlink.net
Mon Jun 24 11:10:49 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Kris Kirby wrote:

> Remote access, encrypted file systems, etc., etc.

Remote access,sure, but I have never done encrypted FS before..  Can I do
that on NetBSD and what kind of performance hit would I take on such a
thing?

> If the machine is directly attached to a suffciently large UPS and has a
> good uptime, put a bomb in /etc/rc.

Why would the UPS matter with a deadman switch?  Just set it so that if I
didn't reset the switch in 3 days it overwrites the hdd with /dev/null or
/dev/random?

--
-Linc Fessenden