computer building? was[rescue] Noise levels

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Mon Jun 24 11:57:04 CDT 2002

On Mon, 24 Jun 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   That certainly would fit in with the stupidity of the general driving
> public.  Most people, it seems, believe that decelerating (or driving
> slowly in the first place) will get you out of ANY danger on the road,
> no matter what it is.

Right. This is why I figured that having an ex-cop car capable of 140 MPH
is a good getaway car from a manic in a pickup throwing pennies at 60+
MPH. If you slow down, he can too -- but if you kick it and Get Gone(tm),
he can't follow.

But that's another catch 22. Cop pulls you over for speeding. You explain.
He counters with something like `should have pulled off the road and
called 911.' `On what cellphone?'

Cops don't react -- they respond. Being prepared helps immensely.

(Reminder to self -- put a pipe the car.)