[rescue] cheapness..

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 24 11:51:51 CDT 2002

~ On Mon, Jun 24, 2002 at 12:31:01PM -0400, Chris Hedemark wrote:
~ > Sure enough, a couple of days later I got an angry phone
~ call asking for
~ > the root password.
~ > "I forgot it."
~ > "Well you'll have to come in and fix it."
~ > "No.  I don't work for you anymore.  But I'd be happy to
~ come in on a
~ > consulting basis for $1,500 per day..."

I got laid off from Motorola 5 years ago cause my product line (rebadged
Stratacom packet switches) had died a slow death. They had an outstanding
install contract with Fleet Bank throughout the NorthEast. They realized
they couldn't perform to the contract and called me. My new job wasn't due
to start for a while so I said sure, at $125.00/hour + travel. I couldn't
believe it, but they went for it and I made a killing over a three week time
(60+ hours/week, lots of miles, nice hotels). I even got a friend involved
for some cable pulling/removal of old hardware.