[rescue] cheapness..

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 24 11:25:26 CDT 2002

Since Rob N. already established that this is Nitpick Monday:

> We have enough spare equipment floating around (thanks to the
> sucky economy) that every single WinTel user in my office has
> at least a PIII, 1Mhz, 768mb RAM system on their desk.
> I've got my pick o' "low end" systems for "testing" purposes.

Does that mean your low-end systems go *slower* than 1MHz?  And
just how does one underclock a PIII down to 1MHz?

ObRescue: Anyone ever seen an LX that refuses to enable its
network cards (under Solaris 7 or 8, tested under both?)  It's
got the onboard le0 plus an SBus le1 and *neither* interface
gives link on a known-good hub with known-good cables (cables
and hub verified using an SS20).  Weirdest damn thing I ever
saw.

ObOffTopic: Anyone using a DAC960 card who can tell me how to
force a disk currently marked "DEAD" into a "STANDBY" mode,
please contact me off-list.

  --Rip