[rescue] Traffic Lights (was: computer building?)

rescue at sunhelp.org rescue at sunhelp.org
Mon Jun 24 10:20:26 CDT 2002

> Several places in the Washington DC metropolitan area have
> traffic lights equipped with lenses which _deliberately_ make
> it impossible to see what color the light is until you are
> within 150 feet (~50m) or so of them.
It's pretty common to use directive lenses and other techniques
to limit visibility of traffic lights for turns (left turns
particularly) to avoid confusion for drivers in the main (non-
turning) lanes.

George, I drive these same roads all the time--and if you know
of any places where you believe that signals for main traffic
lanes are being obscured intentionally, I sure haven't seen
'em...

  --Rip (who's probably circumnavigating DC on I-495 again
	tomorrow...)