computer building? was[rescue] Noise levels

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Mon Jun 24 08:05:14 CDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 01:29, Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> Here in sweden some guy came up with that idea on trafficlights. Twice
> the brightness (easier to see when its foggy outside), draws 1/10th or
> less in power and they never need to change lightbulbs.

Yeah we've had that over here for a couple of years in the US.  Really
grabbed my attention when they first started doing it.  Some of the
designs they used before were not visible until you were right up on the
light which made driving pretty precarious.  But the LED's were bright
and clear from quite a distance.