[rescue] fans fans fans...

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Mon Jun 24 03:04:40 CDT 2002

"Fogg, James" wrote:

> ~   Those folks seem to be cut from the same cloth as the
> ~ weenies who take
> ~ their Hondas and modify them with coffee-can-sized exhaust tips,
> ~ incomprehensible oriental lettering (invariably in yellow), and blue
> ~ LEDs on the windshield washer nozzles.
>
> I'm sure they'de argue that it makes the PC (and car) go faster.
>
> Its a shame where PC's and O/S's are so comoditized and sanitized that the
> only thing exciting you can do is a paintjob and accessorization. Fscking
> overclocking.. give me a break, go buy the next-gen CPU and shut up.

Heh, I have friends (sort of) that buys cheaper CPUs and overclock, with
a small army of fans. Casemodding consists of cutting holes to make room
for all sorts of theory-vs-practice ideas. Geez. The money spent on all
those fans, cases and all such crap could easily fill the moneyhole for
a faster CPU and alot more quiet system.

Personally, I couldn't sit one hour next to such a beast. I'm bugging my
boss once in a while to get a quieter system at work. Right now I have a
Dell Optiplex GX240 (1.8 Giga P4) and two Fujitsu machines on my desk,
and that's the limit.
I don't blame the CAE-guys complaining about their Octanes. :-)

--
Vnliga hlsningar/Best Regards
Bjrn Ramqvist, Hgglunds Vehicle AB