[rescue] Re: HP 700/xx Terminal Help

ghub005 at xtra.co.nz ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Jun 21 23:03:14 CDT 2002

<<
Anyone use HP 700/xx terminals?.. I've NEVER been able to get one to
function as a vanilla stupid terminal for a router/sun/etc. I'm figuring it
defaults to something odd and HP specific..  Even negotiating its config
confuses me.. But I have several..so it seems a waste. Can anyone help?
Docs available?

This doesn't really answer your question, but I only keep a couple of 700/96 terms on hand for people who want them (when I sell a system) and I throw a lot of them away.

I personally can't stand the RJ/11 keyboard with it's custom key layout, and the config screens are unintelligible.

If you can get them, try to pick up an HP C2401B terminal. You can get them 2nd hand here for about 2.5USD with a DOM of 2000-2001. They take a PS/2 keyboard and can do a good number of emulations incl VT100 & 220, HP, SCO, WYSE, etc. If you ever get one, hit ALT-ESC to access the esy to follow window driven configuration menu.

Regards,

Gavin